Sunday, July 23, 2006

I went to visit my grandfather this evening. He just turned 90 not too long ago (about a week ago actually). And so he's not been in the best of health lately. He just recovered (kinda of) from cancer after an operation and aggressive radiation therapy. The doctors say its too soon to tell whether the cancer is really gone, and we'll just have to wait and see. Recently also, he's been having a bad cough, but he doesn't want to go see a doctor.

Anyway, I was just thinking about it in the car and I realised that this could possibly be like the 3rd last time I'd ever see him. I still remember when I was younger, he used to fetch me home from school somedays. He'd go marketing and get the freshest fish and meat and bring it over to my house, where we'd end up playing chinese checkers and he'd beat me soundly everytime. As I grew older though, his visits became less and less often especially after we moved to Upper Serangoon and then even further away to Queenstown. I only saw him maybe once every 2 weeks when we visited, and sometimes even less. But well... Just hope that he stays healthy and strong for a long time to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home